- If you are aware of any circumstance that would likely give rise to a claim, please contact our Claims Department. Depending on the situation, a loss adjuster may be appointed to inspect and assess the loss.
- As a policyholder, you are required to take necessary measures to mitigate any loss or damage.
- Do not dispose of the damaged items without our approval.
- If the loss or damage is caused by an act of housebreaking, theft, malicious damage, vandalism or other criminal acts, you are required to file a police report and extend your full co-operation to us in securing the conviction of the offender.
- With respect to public liability cover, in the event you receive a potential claim from a third party against you, please forward any correspondence (Letter of Demand, Writ of Summons, and all legal documents) to our office upon immediate receipt of the correspondence. Do not admit liability or make any compromised settlement without our consent.
The above provides a brief and generalized summary of the claims procedure and is not an interpretation of the policy terms and conditions. We advise that the policy schedule, endorsement, policy jacket and/or certificate of insurance be read in conjunction with the above.
Depending on the circumstances of each case, further investigations may be required. Additional documents may be requested and assistance may be sought from the policyholder.